Thin Wall PTFE Tubing
A thin wall PTFE tubing is an example of PTFE spaghetti tubing. They are like smoothbore tubes.
Usually, a PTFE tube wall thickness is the distance between inner and outer diameters. Therefore, a thin-walled PTFE tubing has the smallest distance between OD and ID.
When it comes to making thin-walled PTFE tubes, extrusion offers reliable, tight dimensional tolerance, extrusion offers the perfect option.
Reliable Thin Wall PTFE Tubing Supplier in China
Despite the size of thin-walled PTFE tubing, these Teflon tubes still guarantee:
- Best chemical inert properties except for very rare conditions that alkali and halogens can affect the tubes
- Perfect choice for both cryogenic and high temperatures (between -400°F and +550°F)
- Highly flexible tubes due to the thin-walled design
- Superior thermal resistance
- Non-restricted flow and slippery surface due to low coefficient of friction
- Safety for food and drug use especially the virgin PTFE which is known for high purity
The thin-walled PTFE tubing dimension may vary from:
- Thin wall thickness – 0.009 to 0.015 inches
- Inside diameter – 0.010 to 0.325 inches
The ability to achieve tight tolerances will depend on the PTFE thin wall tubing manufacturer’s capability. Heat-shrinkable ultra-thin wall PTFE tubes are also available.
Applications of Thin-Walled PTFE Tubing
- Thin wall PTFE tubing for wires as insulators
- Tubing in medical, aerospace, and automotive equipment