Carbon Filled PTFE Rod
Carbon-filled PTFE rods contain about 10% to 35% carbon fillers giving them their distinct black color. The carbon filler improves the performance characteristics of mechanical grade PTFE rods or virgin PTFE rods. Among the main improvements in the carbon-filled PTFE rods include:
- Enhanced electrical and thermal properties – due to good thermal and electrical capability and it is also partially anti-static
- Mechanical properties – PTFE rodsfilled with carbon fiber has better deformation strength, better creep resistance, improved dimensional stability, and higher compressive strength
- Enhanced resistance to wear – superior abrasion and wear resistance
- Good friction co-efficient – giving the rods non-stick properties with excellent sliding properties
- Good chemical resistance – it does not react with virtually all chemicals
Although carbon fillers in Teflon improve most performance features, it reduces elongation. Besides, in certain applications, electrical or thermal conduction properties may be problematic.
Additionally, the PTFE carbon-filled rods are available in different lengths and diameters.
Application of Carbon-Filled PTFE Rods
You can use carbon-filled PTFE rods in many applications such as making:
- Carbon-filled PTFE rings, gaskets, seals, etc.
- Carbon PTFE valve seats
- Carbon-filled shaft bearing,
You can easily CNC machine carbon-filled PTFE rods to make useful parts such as filter housing, machine parts, instrument components, etc.