Graphite Filled PTFE Rod
Among the available PTFE rods, graphite-filled rods are popular for their lowest coefficient of friction. The PTFE rods filled with graphite have the best sliding feature with superior non-stick characteristics.
In most cases, graphite-filled PTFE rods find applications for mating surfaces. Additionally, whether you opt for molded PTEF rods with graphite or extruded Teflon graphite rods, you will enjoy the following features:
- Improve thermal and electrical conductivity– this is due to the graphite fillers in PTFE.
- Chemically inert– the strong carbon bonds in graphite added to stable flouring-carbon bonds in PTFE makes graphite-filled Teflon rods extremely chemically resistant
- Extremely low coefficient of friction– the PTFE and graphite structure makes reduces the friction coefficient to almost zero
- Improved wear resistance characteristics– graphite-filled PTFE rods have the best wear characteristics.
Applications of Graphite-Filled PTFE Rods
Comparing unfilled Teflon to graphite-filled PTFE rods, the latter has a relatively higher flexural modulus. Depending on your custom requirements, graphite-filled PTFE rods come in different cross-sections, lengths, and color options.
Even though PTFE rods filled graphite has superior properties, it may have reduced elongation. Besides, graphite may also leach out.
For better performance characteristics, you may have carbon-graphite-filled PETF rods. The combination produces carbon/graphite-filled PTFE rods with superior wear resistance.
Graphite-filled Teflon rods have good machining and fabrication properties. You can make many Teflon profile extrusions
Therefore, you can customize the graphite-filled PTFE rods for making many products such as:
- Graphite-filled PTFE piston seals
- Graphite-filled PTFE bearings
- Graphite-filled PTFE gaskets
- Graphite-filled PTFE rollers, bushings, connectors, etc.
The best part, parts made from graphite-filled Teflon PTFE rods are suitable for high-speed applications. They have the best load-carrying capacity.
|MAX SINTERING TEM.
|Carbon filled extruded rod
|OD8mm to OD160MM
|Carbon filled molded rod