Expanded PTFE Sheet
EPTFE expanded sheet is a new type of industrial product with chemical corrosion resistance. Size can be 1500*1500mm,max length 4500mm,thickness from 0.5mm to 8.0mm,the most popular thickness 3.0mm,are good selling to Korea,Brazil,Germany. They can be used to cut small different sizes of gaskets,round sheets.
The difference between conventional polytetrafluoroethylene sheet (PTFE sheet) and expanded polytetrafluoroethylene sheet (EPTFE sheet) is the manufacturing process.
Expanded PTFE sheet exceptional is due to the manufacturing process which involves expanding and stretching the material in multiple directions. Additionally, is made from virgin PTFE, which is pure polytetrafluoroethylene material.
Advantages of EPTFE Sheets
- Superior thermal and high working temperature
- Exhibits higher strength than normal PTFE
- Does not creep easily
- Can withstand high load
- Excellent recovery even after compression
- Suitable for applications with fluctuating temperature
- It is easy to modify depending on the hardness, or surface energy requirement
- Cold flow phenomenon is relatively low
- You can cut EPTFE sheets easily
Expanded PTFE Sheet Applications
EPTFE sheets play a crucial role in many industries such as:
- Expanded PTFE gaskets due to low leakage rates even in fluctuating temperature applications. Additionally, it conforms well on uneven surfaces.
- Electrical insulation due to excellent thermal resistant properties and low dielectric constant
- Chemical tank lining since EPTFE is inert
- Medical and food industry products since it is safe and approved by the FDA
- Sealing application due to the unique structure that is fibrous. It can perform well under high-pressure conditions.
- Perfect for applications where there is limited torque for bolt load
- Applications requiring exceptionally compressible sealing since it is made from 100% virgin PTFE
These expanded PTFE sheets come in varying thicknesses and cut-to-size dimensions.