Virgin PTFE Sheet
A virgin PTFE sheet is made from 100% pure Polytetrafluoroethylene resin. These sheets do not have any recycled PTFE materials.
At times, you can also refer to it as a natural-grade PTFE sheet.
Normally, these sheets have superior mechanical and physical properties. They are not like the mechanical PTFE sheets which have a percentage of reprocessed material.
In terms of the price of virgin grade PTFE vs PTFE (reprocessed), the latter is economical. Additionally, comparing mechanical PTFE and virgin material, it has the whitest color.
Professional Virgin PTFE Sheet Supplier in China
Virgin PTFE Safety
Currently, there are serious complaints that have been recorded about the safety of virgin PTFE. PTFE has been approved by FDA for being safe. One reason, it plays an important role in the manufacturing of cookware.
Furthermore, it is vastly used in the medical industry. This is because the material is inert and biocompatible.
Shelf-life of Virgin PTFE
Have you heard of materials that last “forever”? Virgin grade PTFE sheet is one such material. Currently, the shelf life of this PTFE material is “unlimited”. As long as you store the material properly, it will remain in good condition forever.
Virgin PTFE Material Properties
- Suitable for high-temperature applications such as food processing in non-stick cookware
- Low coefficient of friction, making them perfect for bearings
- Poor electrical conductors hence, perfect as insulators
- Excellent chemical resistance, thus they are used in pharmaceutical industries or processing plants
- Virgin PTFE temperature is between -200oC and +260oC making it perfect for both high heat and very low-temperature environments. A reason you will find virgin PTFE gaskets in many applications.
- Excellent chemical resistance hence can withstand both corrosive and aggressive substances
- Thermal conductivity is 5.1 x 10-4 cal / cm s °C, hence it has low thermal conductivity
- Excellent resistance to corrosion
- Superior stress cracking resistance properties
Cost of Natural Grade PTFE Sheet
The prices vary broadly depending on the information on the virgin PTFE date sheet. These may include dimensions or other custom specifications.
Take a look at the virgin PTFE data sheet below:
Virgin PTFE sheets are made of 100% virgin PTFE resin, including Dongyue, MIDLON, Dakin,3F brand, and PTFE molding power resin, such as DF102, M18, FR104, CGMW16F lot numbers.
We use most of Dongyue ptfe grade 1 resin, the quality is relatively stable, with few impurities. We use an equal pressure process to make the billets, which have better physical properties such as density, tensile strength, and elongation at break, making it more suitable for anti-corrosion lining. The most popular width is 1000mm,1200mm,1500mm, and 48’’ and 60’’. Thickness can be from 1/64’’ to 1/4’’ with skived sheets. Also, have strick thickness tolerance, which can be within +/-0.02mm.