PTFE Skived Sheet
Skiving is a specialized manufacturing process that produces unlimited possibilities in Teflon sheets. PTFE skived sheet can be trimmed down, smoothened, or cut to various sizes.
The PTFE skives sheets have extremely thin profiles. Although they may not appear flat when looking at the skived PTFE sheets, modern manufacturing technology guarantees consistent thickness.
Notably, skived PTFE sheets are made from thin virgin PFTE. Additionally, the PTFE skived Polytetrafluoroethylene sheets may have adhesive. Even with the adhesive-backed Teflon sheets, they guarantee optimal mechanical and physical
Features of PTFE Skived Sheets
- Resistance to most chemicals – hence the perfect choice for gaskets or container liners in chemical industries. You will find PTFE skived sheets in vessel lining, washers, pump interiors, etc.
- Low-friction co-efficient – making them a perfect choice for sliding bearing, anti-stick lining
- Better electrical insulation – you will find this skived Teflon sheet in electrical equipment. Theoretically, the insulation rating is about 500 volts/mil.
- A wide range of temperature range of -270°C to +260°C with excellent thermal properties
- Good sealing properties which makes them suitable for gasket manufacturing
- Best cryogenic properties – even at low-temperature applications, skived Teflon sheet will still serve you.
- Safe – PTFE skived sheets are FDA approved, hence safe for most food industries
PTFE skived sheets are widely used in lined industrial,for lined tank,Width can from 1000mm to 2700mm, and thickness 3mm,100% virgin pure PTFE, without a black point,and have conduct electric spark testing. It can be in rolls, most of rolling for anti-corrosionand ;and also can be in flat pieces,no waves,in square shape. can be used in small sizes of gaskets,and also can be used base plates.
Some of the clients may need plus tolerance with the thickness, especially in Italy,France, we can also meet them.
However, when you want a PTFE sheet with the lowest coefficient of friction, molded PTFE sheet is always the best. Thou, skived PFTE sheet can serve in less demanding applications.
Machining Skived PTFE Sheet
When it comes to machinability to make custom parts, you can drill or cut skived Teflon sheets. The tolerance depends on the machining technique.