White Teflon Sheet
White Teflon sheets are Dupont versions of Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) sheets. Ideally, these Teflon sheets resemble the virgin PTFE sheets which are inherently white.
The polymer sheets are primarily made by mixing and extruding these ingredients:
- Hydrofluoric acid
- Other fillers and additives where necessary
The white Teflon sheets come in different thicknesses with cut-to-size options. Over the years, Teflon sheet remains popular in many domestic and industrial applications due to its superior properties.
Leading White Teflon Sheet Supplier
- Cookware due to the non-stick properties and compliance with the FDA safety requirements
- Sealing and gaskets due to chemically inert property
- Sliding bearing due to low coefficient of friction
- Piping systems in medical laboratories due to low coefficient of friction, and chemical resistance properties
- Envelope gaskets due to the superior mechanical properties of white Teflon sheets
- Electrical systems due to white Teflon sheet’s excellent insulation properties, wide working temperature range
Types of White Teflon Sheets
Broadly, you can choose:
Virgin white Teflon sheets – they are made from 100% pure PTFE resins. These virgin PTFE sheets are popular for superior electrical insulation, chemical resistance, and the best physical properties.
Mechanical white Teflon sheets – these Teflon sheets have reprocessed PTFE resin. Although reprocessed PTEF material reduces its physical properties, you can modify the final sheets.
Consequently, you will have Teflon sheets with:
- Extremely low coefficient of friction
- Excellent mechanical properties especially those with fillers
- Fillers can improve thermal, deformation, electrical, and wear properties